AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2(& a half) Month Update

Okay, so we were a little late in getting Addy in for her 2 month check up. Our bad. We were too busy traveling when she turned 2 months and TriCare won't pay for the appt if it's before her actual 2 months, at least that's what the nurse told me. I didn't mind waiting, mainly because 2 months is the start of vaccines, unless of course you get the HepB shot in the hospital, which she did not. If we could hold off even just for a little bit putting all those chemicals into my small little 2 month baby, I'll take it.

So we got there and the nurse weighed and measured Miss A, she's a healthy 12lb 8.5oz, and measures 24, maybe 24.5in. That's right, mother of the year here, can't remember exactly what the nurse said, and it gets worse, I can't remember what the measurement of what her head was. As long as the pedi doesn't say there is something wrong with it, I don't see the need of knowing the circumference of my daughter's head. All I can remember the nurse saying was what a perfectly shaped head she had. I'm so proud. =)) She also said I was going to have a very tall skinny baby/child on my hands, because at this point Addy is measuring off the charts on height for her age and weight. Darn it, I want a little chubster. Oh well, next baby I guess.

The pediatrician comes in and we chat a bit, and then we get on the topic of vaccines, I was going to tell him that I wanted to go with Dr. Sears alternate/delayed schedule. Which splits up the amount of shots they get to every month, so instead of 4 shots at 2 months and 4 months etc, she'll get 2 shots at 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on months. The pedi doesn't mind doing this schedule, but prefers his, which he told me is this:
No shots at all until 4 months(Yay!), No Rotavirus(which is an extremely potent vaccine for a virus that hasn't been around in a very long time), and No HepB till much much later. He also does alternating months, so she'll get shots at 4, 5, 6 months etc...
We like this pediatrician!

Developmentally she's doing all the norms, smiling, cooing, watching us walk across the room, she's also grabbing at toys and grabbing her feet, she's rolled over, both ways, belly to back and back to belly! She loves to stand up and if she's in a sitting position in our laps, she'll push on her legs to stand up, I know, I know, I have a genius, super strong baby! LOL

Now if she can just learn to sleep a solid 10 hours at night and give her mommy a full nights rest, we'd be good. =)
Here are her 2 month shots, which were taken on her actual 2 monthday and at my parents. She keep wiggling, so I couldn't get a good shot of her.

And a face shot(although this month's is kind of blurry)from last month and this month to see how much she's changed.


okay so you may not see too many big changes, but I do. Haha.

until next time...

No comments: