AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Well Hello There 2010!

Happy New Year! Have you made any resolutions for this year? I'm not a resolution kind of person. I think I made a resolution 2 years ago to stop drinking soda, or something equally lame. It lasted all of a month. I don't usually feel the need to make resolutions with the turning of the new year, I think if you want to better yourself/change something in your life, you just do it, you don't wait for the first of the year, I think it only set you up for disappointment. Except now that I have a child, I find the constant desire to better myself and rid myself of bad habits to make myself happier and in turn her happier. I have many resolutions this year, and I mean MANY. I was lying awake in bed last night, just trying to make a mental list of all the things I want to do this year. I won't tell you all of them, but just a few that I think will be the most challenging to keep.

-Blog everyday. EVERYDAY. My reason for doing this is to keep a better scrapbook of Addy's life. I've been horrible at keeping up Addy's baby book, and I think at the end of the year I would like to have all the entries bound and printed as a Christmas gift for her.

-Become more crafty. I would like to make our Advent calender this year, along with countless other projects I have in my head. I have such a desire to do wonderful things, but feel the crafty part of me is just in my head and doesn't translate to my hands or abilities. I fear things won't turn out the way I want them to and therefore that keeps me from trying.

-Try a new recipe or food once a week. I follow the blog of a wonderful family, The Scottish Twins, and she tries a new food every week. What a great way to experiment and open our minds to new things. Since I'm not much of a cook, I've decided on a new food or new recipe, hoping to challenge myself even if I don't get the chance to get a hold of a new food.

Those are just some of the things that are on my list for the year. I really hope I can keep up with these and the many other goals I have set for myself.

And because it's been so long since I've blogged, I'll share a picture or 2 of Miss A!





And a picture of my parents and brother with Addy. They came down to spend Christmas with us. Addy just adores them!


I will see you tomorrow, hopefully! =)

No comments: